Casting men, women, and child actors and re-enactors for minor roles, extras and stunt actors, for the highly anticipated historical TV mini-series about the lives and times of the men who helped build America between 1865-1917.
Casting call, by appointment only, will be held on MONDAY, OCT. 24 from 5:00pm to 8:00pm at the Quality Inn Conference Center in Harpers Ferry.
Acting experience is helpful but not required.
Filming will occur in both the eastern and northern regions of West Virginia between Oct. 31 and Dec. 22 and will occur mostly on weekdays and possibly some weekends. Most roles will involve filming between 1 - 4 days (some consecutive) at some point during that time frame. Roles are booked on an as-needed basis, usually only a few days in advance or the night before, sometimes last minute. In your email, please be specific about your availability during this time frame. Before being hired, you must prove you are legally able to work in the United States. Typical work days are 12 hours and sometimes more.
PERIOD ROLES NEEDED: If you fit any of the breakdowns below, please respond ASAP and identify the roles for which you wish to be considered. Especially looking for interesting faces.
John Wilkes Booth
Civilians (many varied roles)
Law enforcement (sheriffs, NY/NJ Police, Marshals)
Laborers (industrial workers, dock workers)
Soldiers (Admiral, Confederate, Union, Stragglers)
Musicians (fiddlers, harmonica, percussion, etc.)
Ladies of the night
Burlesque performers (Victorian era)
Thugs (think Gangs of NY)
You must send recent photo and other info identified below in advance to ERIODEXTRAS@GMAIL.COM">PERIODEXTRAS@GMAIL.COM to obtain an appointment time. Appointments are required, no walk-ins will be permitted.
In your email, please also list any period wardrobe and props (craft tools, weapons, equipment) you have for the time period 1865-1917. For stunt roles please note your experience with horse riding, falls and fights.
RECAP: To be considered and obtain an appointment for the Oct. 24 casting call:
1. Send an email to ERIODEXTRAS@GMAIL.COM">PERIODEXTRAS@GMAIL.COM with a RECENT PHOTO(S). Can be cell phone/snapshot. Hair and facial hair must be as is currently. If sending headshot or photo in period civilian or military attire, you may send multiple photos but only one per outfit.
2. Send a resume with your headshot, or type your acting or reenacting experience in the body of the email.
3. In the SUBJECT LINE of your email, include your LAST & FIRST NAME and the name of the ROLE for which you are applying.
4. Include your availability and flexibility with last minute notice/ date changes, to work approximately 12 hour days (must be present time) — **minors subject to child labor laws for an average of 1-5 days or more during the time period of October 31 and December 23.
5. Please do not arrive at casting call without an appointment time. Please do not call the hotel directly. Direct all questions via email. If you are not available for the Oct. 24 casting call, or would be willing to drive from hours away, be sure to include all of the above info in your email and you still will be considered.
6. Boys and Men who are interested should refrain from shaving or cutting hair or facial hair to be period appropriate (beards, mustaches). Also note if you are willing to have your hair cut or colored.
CONTACT INFO (phone):
CONTACT INFO (email):
AVAILABILITY BETWEEN OCT. 31 – DEC. 22:
ABILITY TO TRAVEL TO DESIGNATED LOCATIONS:
LIST OF PERIOD WARDROBE & PROPS:
ACTING EXPERIENCE (note speaking vs. non-speaking roles):
REENACTMENT EXPERIENCE (roles):
CASTING CALL (by appointment only)
WHEN: Monday, October 24, 2011
TIME: 5:00pm – 8:00pm (by appointment)
WHERE: Quality Inn Conference Center
ADDRESS: 4328 William L. Wilson Freeway, Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
Expires: October 2011